miércoles, 18 de septiembre de 2013

Bagatelas para locos y semifatuos - Introducción

Preface
  To my friends in the United States and other dear countries I say: " How much would I like to write in English or Italian or German or French. Pitifully being a full time pastor   in a poor parish takes my time in so a way that I cannot be free to do what I want but what I must do.
  The meaning of my life, Five o'clock tea and Moisés in Philadelphia should have been written in English.
The meaning of my life is a title of a poem by Borges. I only borrowed the title. Five oc'clock tea is a poem by Gilbert Chesterton, from whom I took some spirit. And Moises in Philly is my own experience.
   Whom should I dedicate these pages? Easy is the answer: to my loved friends Ed Prus and Joe Gagnon. The last one is a magnificent poet as I experience each Christmas.
   I promise that I will translate some of the "insignificant" stories. Or better write one directly in English. When I was writing "Turista" I was thinking in Paris.
  Thank you for reading my Bagatelas, in English 'Trifles".
   Ozzie Santagada

   Introducción
   Son pocas 1800 personas que hayan leido algunas de estas  insignificancias. Podría ser que si obtengo mejores calificaciones, a alguien se le ocurriera que deberían  ser publicadas.
   Pido disculpas por algunas impertinencias que han de leer o falsas herejías sobre las que no pongo las manos.
   Unas provienen de las tareas que nos dio Ana Eulogia Bisignani, la maestra incansable y sabia.
   Otras bagatelas vienen de hechos reales o de fantasïas de alguien a quien  se le va el tiempo.
   Dedico estas páginas a Fernando Oscar Piñeiro,  mi incansable colaborador de cada hora; a Ana Eulogia Bisignani la amorosa y sabia, y a Tomás Botet, - ¿quien se atreve a corregirlo? - el poeta en ciernes.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario